Sunday, March 02, 2014

A romantic city of Venice

Venice, or Venezia, one of the most romantic city in the world, isn't it? The first time I visited this city, well, I have to admit that Venice was so beautiful :) 

Even so, it would most likely not be the fantasy that it is in reality, a fairytale of canals and breathtaking architecture. What can be more romantic than a gondola ride down a canal, or a walk over narrow bridges, getting lost through narrow lanes, and ending up at monumental squares? :p




The beauty of Venice, a city crossed by canals and with colorful buildings sitting on the water's edge. It's also one of only a few cities in the world that can be described as truly unique, where main streets are canals. There are no cars or traffic jams :) 

The fairytale atmosphere was then enhanced by the carnival mask shops, romantic gondola rides, and colorful palazzos. Everywhere I turned was a postcard image of this unequalled urban masterpiece.







I fell in love at first sight and will stand in awe of its architecture, piazzas, and canal views until the very last minute before I leaved. It was summer and the degree at that time was 39-41C. My skin was getting sunburn and became darker. I didn't care! as I enjoyed it hahaha. Nothing can prevent me from going back to standing by a canal admiring the most spectacular city ever created, over and over again. 

- to be continued -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.